This Sausage Breakfast Casserole has become a family favorite! Delicious enough for a holiday brunch but easy enough for every day breakfasts!
- 1 pound pork sausage (breakfast sausage or sausage roll)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions (plus more for garnish)
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup all purpose baking mix (like Bisquick®)
- Diced tomatoes and extra scallions for topping if desired
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Brown the sausage in a skillet and drain any drippings from the pan if needed. Add the sausage to a 9″ x 13″ baking dish that’s been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add the cheddar, parmesan cheese and scallions on top of the sausage layer.
- In a bowl, whisk together the milk and eggs. Slowly add the baking mix and whisk until smooth, making sure to get out as many lumps from the baking mix as you can.
- Pour the egg and milk mixture over the sausage and cheese, distributing evenly in the baking dish. Bake for 25 minutes and then remove from the oven and let cool slightly before slicing.
- Garnish with chopped tomatoes, scallions if desired.
Swap out spicy sausage if you want to kick up the heat!
This casserole recipe will keep, covered in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
To reheat leftovers, cut the casserole into squares and heat in the microwave for about a minute, then top with desired toppings.
To reheat the whole casserole, cover with foil and heat in a 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes until warmed through.
- Category: Breakfast / Brunch
- Method: Oven / Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: sausage casserole, breakfast casserole, brunch recipes, egg recipes, breakfast recipes, holiday recipes, easy recipes, make ahead meals