This low carb spaghetti squash stir fry is so delicious, you’re whole family will love it!
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb. Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 1/2 cups diced green peppers
- 1 1/2 cups diced red peppers
- 1 cup diced onion
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons garlic chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- pinch red pepper flakes, optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the squash in half and scoop out the seeds.
- Season with salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon of olive oil per half, then place face down on a baking sheet.
- Cook the squash for 30-35 minutes until the flesh is tender but not overcooked. You can test it by taking a fork and scraping the flesh into “noodles” to see if it’s ready.
- Let the squash cool and use a fork to scrape the flesh. Add the squash to a large bowl and set aside.
- In a wok or a large skillet, brown the sausage in the remaining tablespoon of olive oil.
- Once the sausage is mostly cooked through, add the peppers, onions and garlic. Stir to combine with the sausage and cook for 8-10 minutes on medium heat until the vegetables are softened.
- Now add the chicken broth, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, chili sauce and pepper flakes if using.
- Stir and let simmer to reduce the broth for 5 minutes.
- Add the spaghetti squash back to the pan, stir to combine and cook for another 5 minutes to combine the flavors.
- Category: dinner
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: low carb dinner, low carb recipes, dinner recipe, spaghetti squash recipe, spaghetti squash stir fry, stir fry recipe