This Pumpkin Oatmeal is so hearty and comforting, and has all your favorite fall flavors! Cook it on the stove top or in the microwave for a hearty and easy nutritious breakfast!
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk (can swap out almond or oat milk)
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree, unsweetened – not pumpkin pie filling
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Swirl of pumpkin puree
- Sliced apples
- Honey or maple syrup
- Splash of milk or cream
- See post for more topping ideas!
Stove Top Instructions:
- Add your milk of choice to a small pot and bring to a simmer. Stir in the oats and a pinch of salt, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the pumpkin puree, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon, and simmer for another minute until the oats are chewy and the oatmeal is thick. Pour into a bowl and garnish with desired toppings.
- Add the milk, salt, and oats to a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir the oatmeal and then add the pumpkin puree, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon. Microwave for another minute (if needed) to thicken the oatmeal and serve.
Reheat: Reheat oatmeal in the microwave with a splash of milk or cream to thin out the oatmeal as needed.
Store: Store leftover oatmeal in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Category: Breakfast / Brunch
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, oatmeal, healthy recipes, breakfast ideas