This delicious low carb soup recipe is going to be a hit for dinner! This soup works for a low carb diet or not, add the chips or leave them off depending on what you need!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 14 ounces shredded cabbage (can substitute cole slaw mix in a bag)
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 4 cups chicken broth (can substitute vegetable broth)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ginger paste or fresh grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- Garnish options: wonton chips, sriracha, sesame seeds, scallions
- Add the olive oil to a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the onions and carrots, cooking for 7-8 minutes until softened.
- Add the shredded cabbage, garlic, salt and pepper to the pot. Stir and cover the pot for 3-5 minutes so the cabbage can steam and wilt.
- Uncover the pot, stir the vegetables again then move the vegetables over to one side of the pot so that there’s room to add the pork to brown.
- Add the pork to the pot, breaking up the into large crumbles as it cooks until the pork is cooked all the way through.
- Pour in the chicken broth, soy sauce, ginger and sesame oil. Stir and bring to a simmer, then let the soup simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Test for seasonings, add more salt and pepper to taste if necessary.
- Serve with optional garnish on top.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: soup, soup recipe, low carb soup, low carb recipe, dinner recipe, easy dinner recipe, ground pork, vegetable soup