This healthy, tasty appetizer is perfect for happy hour or for holidays!
- 1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1/2 head of cauliflower cut into small pieces
- 15 baby carrots sliced in half lengthwise
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced thin
- 7–8 sprigs of fresh dill
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons whole peppercorns
- Squeeze the lemon into a medium pot of boiling water, add the salt and then the shrimp.
- Boil for 3-4 minutes until the shrimp is firm and opaque.
- Drain the shrimp and let cool.
- To a large container or a mason jar, add the vegetables, the dill, the vinegar and oil, the sugar and peppercorns.
- Seal the container and shake to combine the ingredients, then add the cooked shrimp.
- Toss again to coat the shrimp and refrigerate for 2 hours or up to overnight.
Additional vegetables to include could be celery, cauliflower, or jicama.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: appetizers, appetizer recipes, shrimp appetizers, seafood appetizers, healthy recipes, pickled shrimp