This delicious, low carb spaghetti squash casserole is an easy dinner that everyone will love!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 1/2 cups diced onions
- 2 cups diced peppers (any color bell pepper would work)
- 10 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 lb. shaved beef (can substitute ground beef or chicken)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 cup whipped cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups cooked spaghetti squash
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Add the oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the onions and peppers for 8-10 minutes until softened. Add the mushrooms and cook for another 5-7 minutes.
- Add the beef to the skillet, stirring into the onions, mushrooms and peppers and cooking until no pink remains. Season with the salt, pepper and cumin, then stir in the cream cheese and Worcestershire sauce.
- Turn off the heat and fold in the spaghetti squash until combined well with the other ingredients.
- Spray a 9″ x 13″ casserole dish with cooking spray then add the beef and spaghetti squash filling.
- Top with mozzarella and bake for 30 minutes until the filling is warm and the cheese is melted on top.
You can make this casserole ahead of time and refrigerate until ready. Add to the oven covered with foil for 30 minutes then uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: low carb, low carb dinner, low carb casserole, beef recipes, spaghetti squash recipe, baked casseroles, dinner recipe