This flavorful rice recipe goes with almost any dinner! Or use it as a topping for tacos or burritos or in a taco bowl!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2 cups white rice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- Chopped cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Add the oil and butter to a 3 quart dutch oven or wide, heavy bottomed pot over medium-low heat.
- Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes to soften, then add the garlic and cook for 1 minute longer.
- Pour in the rice, stir and cook for 7-8 minutes, stirring often, until sightly browned. Add the salt, pepper and cumin, stirring to combine.
- Slowly pour in the chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Stir the rice to make sure it isn’t sticking to the bottom of the pot, then turn the heat down to the lowest setting and cover.
- Cook the rice for 10 minutes, then add the tomato sauce. Stir to combine and cover for another 5 minutes. Turn the heat off and let the rice sit, covered for another 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid and fluff the rice with a fork. Garnish with chopped cilantro or parsley if desired and serve.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: rice, rice recipes, spanish rice, easy side dish, healthy recipes