This festive, boozy eggnog recipe will be a hit at all of your holiday parties!
- 6 large pasteurized egg yolks
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup peppermint schnapps
- 1 cup peppermint vodka
- Crushed peppermint candy and corn syrup for rimming the glasses
- Add the milk, cream and vanilla to a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, do not boil.
- Whisk the egg yolks together with the sugar until the mixture is smooth and has lightened in color. Pour in the milk and cream mixture, slowly while whisking until all the milk and cream are incorporated into the yolks and sugar.
- Pour the eggnog back into the pot and cook over medium-low heat until thickened, about 8-10 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat and whisk in the schnapps and vodka.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Stir the eggnog again before serving.
This eggnog recipe will keep in your refrigerator for several weeks, covered or in a plastic container.
- Category: Cocktails
- Method: Stove top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: eggnog, eggnog recipe, homemade eggnog, eggnog cocktail, christmas cocktail recipes, vodka cocktails, how to make eggnog, what is eggnog, spiked eggnog