This Pasta Da Vinci recipe is creamy, rich, and hearty, with juicy chicken and succulent mushrooms. It’s a perfect replica of the popular Cheesecake Factory pasta dish!
- 3/4 pound penne pasta
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- 10 ounces sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1 cup Madeira wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Fresh chopped parsley and more parmesan cheese for garnish
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions, drain and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, Add 1 tablespoon of butter to a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken in a single layer, and season with salt and pepper. Cook the chicken until brown on all sides, about 5 minutes. Remove the chicken to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter to the skillet. Add the mushrooms, stirring into the butter. Let the mushrooms cook, stirring occasionally, until just starting to brown. Add the onions to the skillet, stirring to combine with the mushrooms. Cook until the mushrooms are browned and the onions have softened, about 5-7 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute longer, then stir in the tomato paste.
- Pour in the wine to deglaze the pan, using a spatula to scrape up the brown bits on the bottom of the skillet. Bring the wine to a simmer and then let reduce for 5 minutes. Pour in the chicken broth and stir to combine.
- Add the sour cream, heavy cream and parmesan cheese and whisk until incorporated into the wine and broth. Let the sauce simmer for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Add the chicken and cooked pasta back into the skillet, stirring to combine with the sauce. Let the pasta cook in the sauce for 2-3 minutes to let the flavors combine.
- Garnish with more parmesan cheese and fresh, chopped parsley. Serve immediately.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: mantitlement, cheesecake factory recipes, chicken pasta recipe, pasta cream sauce, white sauce pasta recipe