These tasty sausage breakfast sandwiches are so much better than hitting the drive though!
16 small pancakes, use your favorite store bought or homemade pancake mix
For the Pork Sausage Patties:
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 t. ground fennel or whole crushed fennel seed
- 1/2 cup grated onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Maple syrup for serving
- Fried or scrambled eggs
- Add all the ingredients for the pork sausage patties into a bowl and mix well. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and coat with cooking spray. Form the pork mixture into 8 round patties and add to the skillet.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes per side until no longer pink in the middle, then remove to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Assemble the pork sausage patties on 8 of the cooked pancakes, then pour a little maple syrup on the sausage and top with another pancake to make a sandwich.
You can freeze the sausage patties in a resealable bag for up to 3 months. You can also use frozen pancakes for the sandwiches, or make your own pancakes and freeze them as well.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: breakfast sandwich recipe, make ahead breakfast recipes, homemade sausage recipe, pork sausage recipe