These tasty roasted radishes are a perfect side for steak or chicken! Roasting radishes removes some of the spiciness and makes them super sweet!
- 26 radishes (about 3 bunches)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon bacon grease leftover from cooking the bacon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 12 ounces bacon, cooked and chopped
- Wash the radishes, trim the stems and roots and cut in half.
- Heat the butter and bacon grease in a skillet over medium heat. Add the radishes, tossing to coat in the butter along with the salt and pepper.
- Cook the radishes for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until browned and softened.
- Next add the chopped garlic, stir and cook one minute more.
- Add the broth, cream, rosemary, parmesan cheese and bacon to the skillet, stirring to combine with the radishes.
- Cook for 7-8 minutes over low heat until the sauce has thickened. Check to see if more salt and pepper are needed, then serve immediately.
* If you don’t have leftover bacon grease you can substitute olive oil
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: side dish recipe, roasted vegetables, roasted radishes, low carb recipe, low carb diet, bacon recipes