This slow cooker rib recipe can be done overnight while you sleep or all day while you’re at work!
- (2) 3.5 lbs. racks pork spare ribs
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- Stubb’s Pork Spice Rub
- 2 cups BBQ sauce
- Rub the ribs with a tablespoon of salt per each rack and a generous amount of the pork spice rub.
- Place in your slow cooker as shown in the post above, standing on the sides of the racks.
- Cook overnight on low up to 10-12 hours, I found mine were just right at 10, but they’ll just be more tender if you go up to 12.
- If bringing to a party or a tailgate, remove the ribs from the slow cooker and let cool, then wrap in aluminum foil and place in your cooler until its’ time for the grill
- Grill the ribs for about 10 minutes while basting with the bbq sauce on both sides. I like to add a layer of sauce, let it cook for a few minutes then add another layer – and repeat.
- Cut into portions and serve.
- Category: dinner
- Method: slow cooker
- Cuisine: American/BBQ
Keywords: slow cooker ribs, crock pot ribs, bbq rib recipe, tailgate food, slow cooker dinner, crock pot dinner