This oven roasted cabbage has a simple flavored olive oil that you baste onto the cabbage before it goes into the oven!
- 2 medium heads of cabbage, red or green
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the cabbage into thick slices, about 1 1/2 inches in width.
- Place the cabbage in a single layer on a large sheet pan and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix the olive oil, Italian seasoning, garlic, dijon and vinegar together in a small bowl.
- Divide the olive oil in half. Brush one half of the olive oil mixture onto the cabbage and roast in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes, then remove from the oven and baste with the remaining olive oil.
- Roast the cabbage for another 20 minutes until soft and browned on the bottom.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cabbage, cabbage recipe, oven roasted cabbage, low carb recipe, vegetable side dish