These mini potato skins are stuffed with a homemade pimento cheese!
- 24 oz. bag of red potatoes, washed and dried.
- 1/2 stick of unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups extra sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped finely
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 oz. jar of chopped pimentos, drained but reserve the juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 scallions, chopped finely
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Add the shredded cheese, cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne, jalapeño peppers, chopped pimentos and Worcestershire sauce to a medium bowl. Mix together and taste for seasonings. Add salt and pepper to taste. Chill the pimento cheese while you make the potato skins.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper, toss to combine. Using a fork, prick the potatoes to let the steam escape while cooking.
- Roast the potatoes for 30 minutes, tossing halfway through until the potatoes are tender and can be easily pierced with a fork. When the potatoes are tender, let them cool slightly then slice them in half vertically and let cool for another 10 minutes.
- Turn the oven up to 450 degrees. Hollow out the center of each potato, leaving enough around the sides of the potato to hold the cheese.
- Brush each potato with the melted butter, season with salt and pepper, then place back into the oven for another 15 minutes until crispy.
- Let the potatoes cool for at least 15 minutes then stuff with the chilled pimento cheese.
- Garnish with chopped scallions and serve.
As an alternative, you can assemble these potato skins and put them under the broiler for 5 minutes. You can make the potato skins ahead of time and let them cool. stuff with cold pimento cheese and serve.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: potato skins, pimento cheese recipe, appetizer recipe, party food, potato recipes