Bacon salt is the new condiment you need in your kitchen! These mashed potatoes are so crazy delicious, even without butter!
- 3 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3/4 cup milk or heavy cream
- Fresh ground black pepper
For The Bacon Salt:
- 8 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- Pulse the bacon in a food processor until fine, like a bread crumb consistency.
- Place the cooked, crumbled bacon onto paper towels, cover with another paper towel and press down until all the grease is gone.
- Add the bacon to a small bowl with the kosher salt and mix together well until all of the bacon is worked into the salt.
- Add the diced potatoes to a large pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for about 15 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
- Drain the potatoes and add to a large bowl. Mash the potatoes with a potato masher or pass through a potato ricer. Stir in the cream, 2 tablespoons of the bacon salt and fresh black pepper.
- Test for seasonings, adding more black pepper or butter if you like and/or more bacon salt.
- Serving Size: 6
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mashed potatoes, mashed potato recipe, potato recipe, bacon recipes, side dish recipes