These fun tequila shots use fresh limes that have been pulverized in a blender for the most tart and sweet citrus flavor! No need for a lime wedge on the side, these tequila shots come with the lime built in!
- 4 large (or 6 small) limes, washed
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 3/4 c. tequila
- Extra sugar for rimming the glasses
- Zest 2 of the limes and reserve zest in a bowl.
- Cut the limes in quarters and place inside a blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth and strain through a fine strainer into a bowl.
- Add the strained lime juice, a cup of cold water, the sugar and tequila into a pitcher and stir.
- Dip each shot glass in a shallow dish of water. Then rim each glass with a 50/50 mixture of the zest and sugar.
- Pour the lime drops into the rimmed glasses and serve.
- Category: Cocktails
- Method: Stir
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: tequila cocktails, tequila shots, drink recipes, party drinks, cinco de mayo drinks