This hearty comfort food soup can be done in just 30 minutes! Grab a rotisserie chicken from the store or use up leftover chicken or turkey.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 pound small potatoes, quartered
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 cups frozen corn
- Chopped scallions and extra bacon for garnish
- Heat a large pot with the oil and butter over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic, stir and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the potatoes to the pot and stir into the onions and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes until the potatoes soften slightly, then sprinkle in the flour, salt and pepper. Stir to coat the vegetables in the flour and cook for 1 minute longer.
- Slowly pour in the chicken stock, stirring as you go to get all the flavor from the bottom of the pot into the broth. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 10 minutes, uncovered.
- Stir in the cream and then add the chicken, corn and bacon. Cook for 5 minutes, taste for seasonings and adjust if needed.
- Top with the chopped scallions and more chopped bacon if desired.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: soup recipe, chicken corn chowder, dinner recipes, comfort food recipes, recipes with bacon, recipes with rotisserie chicken, easy dinner recipes