- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 1/2 c. diced onion
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 1/2 c. diced carrots
- 1/2 c. diced bell peppers
- 1/2 c. diced celery
- 4 c. diced cauliflower (about one small head)
- 1 1/2 t. salt
- 1 t. black pepper
- 1/4 c. flour
- 1 12 oz. can of light beer
- 1 1/2 c. chicken broth
- 3 c. 1 or 2% milk
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1 1/2 c. frozen corn
- 3/4 lb. chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (about 2 cups)
- 6 slices of cooked bacon, chopped
- 1/4 c. chopped parsley
- Heat a large pot with the oil over medium heat.
- Add the onions and garlic, stir and cook for 5 minutes.
- Next goes in the carrots, peppers, celery, cauliflower, salt and pepper. Stir and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the flour to the vegetables evenly and stir for 3 minutes until the flour starts to brown a little.
- Pour in the beer and stir well to get all the flour of the bottom of the pot and let come to a boil.
- Add in the chicken broth, milk and cream.
- Stir together and then let the chowder come to a boil again.
- Turn the heat down to simmer and let cook for 15 minutes.
- After the chowder has cooked down and thickened, stir in the shredded chicken and frozen corn, give it 5 minutes and spoon out into bowls.
- Top with the chopped parsley and bacon.
If you don’t want to use a beer, just add in 3 cups total of chicken broth.
- Serving Size: 6