This Lemony Shrimp and Broccoli Pasta is tossed in the most delicious, light lemon creamy sauce that goes perfectly with shrimp and broccoli!
- 1 pound broccoli florets
- 1 pound mini farfalle (or bowties)
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. While the water is coming to a boil, season the shrimp with lemon pepper seasoning and salt.
- Add the tablespoon of olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat and sear the shrimp for 2-3 minutes on each side until opaque and cooked through. Remove the shrimp to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Next add the butter to the same skillet, let it melt completely and then add the garlic. Stir and cook for 1 minute and then carefully pour in the wine to deglaze the pan. Let the wine reduce for 1 minute and then sprinkle with the flour, whisking to combine and make a paste. Now pour in the lemon juice and chicken broth. Whisk the sauce so that no lumps form and bring to a simmer. Simmer the sauce for 5 minutes and then whisk in the heavy cream and parmesan cheese. Season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste and then add the crushed red pepper flakes if using.
- Once the water comes to a boil, add a couple of tablespoons of salt to the water and then cook the broccoli florets for 2-3 minutes until just tender but still crisp. Remove the broccoli form the water with a spider strainer or a slotted spoon. Bring the water back to a boil and cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Drain the pasta and return it back to the pot. Pour the cream sauce on top of the pasta and then add the broccoli and shrimp to the pot. Toss the pasta in the sauce until it’s very well coated and then serve with more grated parmesan cheese and crushed red pepper on top.