This Italian sausage & Potatoes recipe is made all in one skillet for an easy dinner with little to clean up! Serve this sausage and peppers recipe on sub rolls or over pasta!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound Italian sausage, mild or spicy
- 1 large yellow onion, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 3 bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 pound russet potatoes, cut into a small 3/4 inch dice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked or regular paprika
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 cup marsala wine
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sausages and brown on both sides, cooking through most of the way but not completely. Remove the sausages from the skillet to a plate and cover with foil.
- Add the other tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet. Add the peppers, onions and diced potatoes and season with the salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano and paprika. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in the tomato paste and then pour in the marsala wine. Stir and then cover the skillet and cook for another 10 minutes until the potatoes have softened.
- Slice the Italian sausage into thick rounds and then add them to the skillet along with any juices from the plate.
- Remove the cover and add the sausages back to the skillet along with the beef broth. Cook, uncovered for another 7-8 minutes until the sausage and potatoes are cooked through.
- Serve on sub rolls, with or without cheese or on top of your favorite pasta.