This tasty Italian Pasta Salad recipe can be served as a side dish or the main course! A great dish to bring to BBQ’s or potlucks!
- 20 ounces fresh cheese tortellini
- 8 ounce salami, sliced into rounds and cut into fourths
- 15 ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 8 ounces mozzarella pearls (small size fresh mozzarella balls, or you can use the larger balls and cut them in halves or fourths)
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 3.8 ounce can sliced black olives, drained
- For The Dressing:
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon – 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- Cook the cheese tortellini according to the package directions, rinse with cold water and let drain well.
- Mix the ingredients together for the dressing and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cheese tortellini, salami, olives, cheese, peppers and parsley and toss to combine.
- Add the dressing to the pasta salad starting with about half the dressing, stirring and then adding more if needed.
- Wrap the pasta salad with plastic wrap and chill for at least an hour or up to several hours before serving.
- Toss once more before serving and garnish with more parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.
This pasta salad will keep for 2-3 days in your refrigerator but is best served the day it’s made.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pasta salad, pasta recipes, side dishes, side dish recipes, tortellini, bbq sides