Cut the carbs with this delicious Italian Meatball Soup with Zoodles! So delicious you’ll never miss the pasta!
For the Meatballs
- 2 lbs. meatloaf mix (a mixture of beef, pork and veal you can buy at the butcher counter)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup grated onion and juice that comes from grating
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated or minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
For the Soup
- 12 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
For the Zoodles
- 1 large zucchini
- Add the chicken broth, salt and pepper to a large soup pot and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- While the broth is heating up, place all the meatballs ingredients in a large bowl and mix to combine. Roll out 2 inch diameter meatballs (a small golf ball size) and place on a cutting board.
- Using a spiralizer, make the zoodles with the zucchini. I cut mine into sections so they were more manageable to eat.
- Once the broth comes to a simmer, add the meatballs and let cook for 5 minutes.
- Next add the zoodles and simmer for 25 minutes, uncovered.
- Serve with extra parmesan cheese for topping.
You can substitute the zoodles for plain noodles or spaghetti. We like lots of noodles in our soup, so I’d use a whole pound of pasta. If you like more broth use 3/4 of a pound.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: soup recipe, low carb recipe, dinner ideas, dinner recipes