These festive and tasty dessert shots are going to be the hit of your St. Patrick’s Day party!
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs (or whole graham crackers, crushed in a food processor or blender)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 (8 oz.) packages of cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 3 (16 oz.) jars of green maraschino cherries
- 4 ounces whiskey, divided
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Extra green maraschino cherries for garnish
- Mix the graham crackers crumbs, brown sugar, melted butter together in a bowl, stirring until all the graham crackers are coated with the butter.
- In another large bowl, add the cream cheese, lemon juice, cream, sugar and 2 ounces of the whiskey. Using a hand mixer, blend until the cream cheese filling is smooth.
- To make the cherry topping, drain 2 jars of the cherries, separating the cherries from the juice. Add the juice from both jars of cherries and the remaining 2 ounces of whiskey to a saucepan over medium heat.
- Remove the stems from about a cup of the cherries and add to the pan.
- Once the juice comes to a boil, add a tablespoon of cornstarch mixed with a tablespoon of water, stirring until the juice thickens. The juice should be fairly thick, if it’s not like a cherry pie filling consistency, add a little more cornstarch and water, bring to a boil again and let thicken.
- Let the cherry juice mixture cool completely before assembling the shots. You can transfer it to a bowl and place it in your refrigerator to help it cool down.
- To assemble the shots, add 2 tablespoons of the graham cracker mixture into the bottom of each shot glass, pressing down to make a crust at the bottom.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop out enough cream cheese mixture to fill each shot glass about 3/4 of the way full.
- Add the cherry pie topping on top of the cheesecake mixture, then repeat with the remaining shot glasses.
- Refrigerate until ready, then top each shot glass with a cherry before serving.
You can easily cut this recipe in half if you don’t need as many shots. We made these cheesecake shots in 4 ounce glasses, so if you have smaller ones you’ll end up with more shots.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: no bake dessert, no bake cheesecake, st. patrick's day recipes, dessert shots, boozy dessert recipes, recipes with whiskey