This fresh pico de gallo is the perfect topping for chips, nachos, tacos or even grilled chicken!
- 4 cups diced tomatoes (from about 10 Roma tomatoes)
- 1/4 cup shallot, diced or red onion
- 1/4–1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup diced jalapeno pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/2 – 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Add all of the ingredients to a medium bowl and stir to combine.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips for dipping or use as a topping for nachos, tacos, salads and chicken.
This pico de gallo will keep for 4-5 days in your refrigerator. As it sits, the tomatoes will give off more juice, you can strain this off is using for a topping.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stir
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: salsa recipe, homemade salsa recipe, pico de gallo recipe, appetizer recipes, easy appetizers, tomato recipes