This delicious green bean side dish is perfect for your holiday meals and easy enough for everyday dinners! A buttery, crunchy almond topping makes these green beans super addictive!
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1–2 teaspoon fresh chopped garlic
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper to taste
- Start by blanching the green beans in boiling, slated water for 4-5 minutes. Drain the beans and rinse them with cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Add 2 tablespoons of butter to a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sliced almonds and toast while tossing for about 4-5 minutes until golden brown. Remove the almonds from the skillet to a bowl and cover to keep warm.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter to the skillet along with the blanched green beans and garlic. Season the beans with salt and pepper to taste. Toss the beans and garlic in the butter just to warm through, about 2-3 minutes.
- Place the green beans on a serving platter and top with the toasted almonds. Garnish with more salt and fresh black pepper is desired.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: green beans, vegetable side dish, thanksgiving sides, thanksgiving recipes, green beans almondine, green beans amandine, easy recipes