Bratwurst with Peppers and Onions is a classic summer dinner! Juicy bratwurst with a beer, peppers and onions topping!
- 2 packages (10 links) of bratwurst
- 10 hot dog buns
For the Onion and Pepper Topping
- 4 yellow onions
- 2 green bell peppers
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown spicy mustard
- 1/2 cup dark beer
- Add the oil and butter to a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the onions and peppers and let cook for 15 minutes being careful not to let the onions burn. Carefully pour in the beer, stir and let simmer for 5 minutes until the beer is mostly evaporated.
- Stir in the mustard and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Grill the bratwurst over medium heat for about 5 minutes per side. The bratwurst is cooked through when the middle of the sausage is 160 degrees.
- Place the grilled bratwurst onto buns and top with the peppers and onions topping.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Grill/Stove top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: sausage and peppers recipe, grilling recipes, bratwurst, easy dinner recipe