Fried Cabbage with Bacon is an easy side dish that’s perfect for St. Patrick’s Day! But don’t save this delicious recipe for just once a year, we make it all year long!
- 1 pound cabbage, cored and diced (about 1/2 medium head of cabbage)
- 6 strips of bacon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 cup diced red or yellow onion
- Chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until brown and crispy, remove to a paper towel lined plate to drain but keep the bacon drippings in the skillet. Chop into a large dice.
- Add the onion to the skillet, cooking over medium heat for 3-4 minutes. Add the diced cabbage, stirring into the onions and bacon drippings. Cook while stirring for 5 minutes until the cabbage is softened but still has a crunch to it.
- Add the cooked bacon to the skillet and stir into the cabbage. Taste for seasonings and garnish with fresh parsley.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cabbage recipes, fried cabbage, fried cabbage with bacon, bacon recipes, holiday sides, st. patrick's day recipes, easy recipes, easy side dishes