These easy beef sandwiches can be on the table in just 15 minutes! Perfect for busy nights parties and game day!
- 1 pound sliced roast beef from the deli
- Steak seasoning, kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 4 sub rolls
- 16 slices mozzarella or provolone cheese
- Preheat the broiler to toast the rolls and melt the cheese. Alternately, you can use a toaster oven.
- Melt butter in a medium pot. Add shallot and cook over medium-low heat for 3-4 minutes until softened.
- Add fresh thyme and then sprinkle in the flour. Stir to combine with the shallots and then pour in the sherry and whisk together. Pour in the beef broth while whisking and then season the au jus with salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil and then turn down and let simmer until the sandwiches are ready.
- While the au jus is simmering, place the open sub rolls on a baking sheet and toast lightly under the broiler. Remove the rolls from the oven, add 2 slices of cheese to each side of each sub roll and then place back under the broiler for a minute or two to melt the cheese. Remove the rolls from the oven.
- Place the roast beef on a board, spreading out so that you can season the roast beef with the steak seasoning.
- Using tongs, dip the roast beef into the au jus and then divide between the 4 sub rolls. Serve with extra au jus on the side for dipping.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top / Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: dinner ideas, easy dinner recipes, easy recipes, recipe hacks, french dip sandwiches, beef sandwiches