These fish tacos have a delicious watermelon slaw on top!
For the Fish
- 2 lbs. catfish
- 1 t. cumin
- 1 t. chili powder
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 ground black pepper
- 2 T. olive oil
For the Watermelon Slaw
- 4 cups watermelon, chopped into a small dice
- 1/2 thin sliced red onion, soaked in ice water for 10 minutes then drained
- 1/4 c. chopped cilantro
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 t. salt
- 4 radishes, sliced thin and then chopped into matchsticks
For the Tacos
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 romaine heart, finely shredded
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Start by making the watermelon salsa. Add all the ingredients to a medium bowl and stir to combine.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the fish with the cumin, garlic powder, chili powder, salt and pepper. Add the seasoned fish, top side down first and cook for 4 minutes. Turn the fish over and cook another 4-5 minutes until the fish is opaque.
- Warm the tortillas by placing them in a 400 degree oven for 5 minutes or char them on the gas burner of your stove.
- Place a piece of fish in the center of a corn tortilla then top with the watermelon slaw, shredded lettuce and a slice of avocado.
- Serve with additional lime wedges.
- You can substitute cod, halibut, tilapia or flounder in this recipe.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: fish tacos, seafood recipe, dinner ideas