These tasty homemade fish sticks are about as good as it gets! Kids and adults alike will be diving into this fish dinner!
For the Fish Nuggets:
1 1/2 pounds halibut or cod cut into 1 1/2″ cubes
1 cup panko breadcrumbs (a crispier breadcrumb than regular breadcrumbs, look for them at your grocery store)
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup flour
Bang Bang Sauce:
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon sriracha
1 tablespoon sweet chili Sauce
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix the parmesan and breadcrumbs in a bowl.
- Add the eggs to another bowl and the flour in a third bowl.
- Bread the nuggets first in the flour, shaking off the excess, then into the eggs, letting the excess egg drip off and then last into the breadcrumb/parmesan coating.
- Place the nuggets on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in the oven for 8 minutes, then remove from the oven and flip the nuggets over.
- Return to the oven and cook another 7-8 minutes until the second side is brown.
- While the nuggets are in the oven, mix together the bang bang sauce and serve alongside for dipping.
Air Fryer Cooking Instructions:
Preheat your Air Fryer to 425 degrees. Add the nuggets in a single layer and cook for 7-8 minutes, flipping if needed to brown evenly.
*Nutrition information is for the fish nuggets only.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: fish sticks, fish nuggets, bang bang sauce, dipping sauce, cod recipes, halibut recipes, kid friendly recipe, dinner ideas