This chili recipe is “Kid Friendly” so it’s not too spicy! You can spice it up for the adults with hot sauce or chili powder!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onions
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 1/2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 2 15 oz. cans of kidney beans
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 (28 oz. cans) of tomato sauce
- Add the oil to a large, heavy bottomed pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook for 10 minutes until the onion has softened, then add the ground beef and garlic to the pot.
- Break up the beef and cook until the beef is no longer pink inside, then drain any grease from the pot if desired.
- Season the beef with the chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper and worcestershire sauce and stir to combine.
- Add in the beans, flour and brown sugar and cook for 1 minute, stirring.
- Pour in the tomato sauce, stir and test for seasonings.
- Adjust with salt and more hot sauce if needed.
- Let simmer for 1 1/2 – 2 hours partially covered, or you can pour the chili into your slow cooker and set on high for 2 hours, or low for 4-6 hours.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chili, chili recipe, dinner recipe, recipes with ground beef, recipes with beans