These easy to make chicken tenders are always a family hit! Miniature pieces of cheesy chicken parmesan that you can serve with pasta or a salad!
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
- Salt, pepper and garlic powder (for seasoning the chicken)
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce (plus extra for serving)
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese, cut in half
- Fresh or dried parsley for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Season both sides of the chicken tenderloins with the salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Mix the breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese together in a bowl. Dip each chicken tenderloin into the egg mixture first, letting the excess drip off and then into the breadcrumbs, pressing to adhere the breadcrumbs to the chicken. Place on a baking sheet that’s been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray and repeat with the remaining chicken tenderloins.
- Spray the tops of the breaded chicken with an olive oil or avocado oil cooking spray and bake for 8 minutes and then turn the chicken over and bake for another 5.
- Remove the tenderloins from the oven and spoon some of the sauce over each piece. Add a half of a mozzarella cheese slice to each tenderloin and return to the oven for another 2-3 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Sprinkle the tops of the chicken with fresh or dried parsley and serve.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy chicken recipes, chicken recipes, dinner recipes, dinner ideas, chicken tenderloin recipes, oven baked chicken, baked chicken, chicken parmesan