These super flavorful turkey burgers are on our weekly dinner menu! So moist and juicy you hardly need any toppings!
- 2 pounds ground turkey (93% lean)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 – 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper, depending on your taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 heaping tablespoons grated onion with juice
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Spray a large skillet or griddle with non-stick cooking spray over medium heat. You can also spray your hands with cooking spray or wet them slightly with water so the turkey mixture won’t stick to your hands when you’re forming the patties.
- Form the turkey mixture into 6 patties, about 5 ounces each. You can make smaller patties, about 4 ounces each and get 8 turkey burgers. Place the patties onto the hot skillet and cook for 5 minutes on each side, until no longer pink in the center. Transfer the turkey burgers onto a plate covered with foil and repeat with the remaining patties.
- Serve with or without buns and with desired condiments and/or toppings.
You can keep the turkey burgers warn in a 300 degree oven on an oven proof plate covered with foil for about 30 minutes or until ready to serve.
If you’re not a mayonnaise fan, you can substitute olive oil, but the mayonnaise adds a lot of flavor to the burgers.
- Category: DInner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: turkey burger, turkey burger recipe, burger recipe, low carb recipe, low carb dinner recipe, recipes with ground turkey, dinner ideas, healthy recipes