This Easy Chicken Spaghetti will become a weeknight dinner staple! Our boys love this creamy pasta topped with lots of parmesan cheese!
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast (can also use rotisserie or leftover chicken, *see note)
- Dried oregano, garlic powder, kosher salt and black pepper for seasoning the chicken
- 25 ounce jar marinara sauce, warmed
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Cut the chicken breasts into strips and place on a baking sheet that’s been sprayed with cooking spray. Cutting a larger breast into strips will not only help it to cook faster but allow more seasoning to get on the surface of the chicken. Season the chicken on both sides generously with the oregano, garlic powder, kosher salt and black pepper. Cook the chicken for 10-15 minutes, (depending on the size of your strips) turning over once in between cooking until the chicken is cooked through. Remove the chicken from the oven and place onto a board or a plate and shred the chicken into bite sized pieces.
- While the chicken is cooking, make the spaghetti according to the package directions, drain and place back into the pot that you cooked it in. Add the warmed sauce, cream cheese, parmesan cheese and the shredded chicken and stir together to combine with the spaghetti. Taste for seasonings, adjust if needed and then serve in large bowls with extra parmesan cheese.
If using leftover chicken or a rotisserie chicken, shred the chicken and then toss in the oregano, garlic powder, kosher salt and black pepper to season the chicken before adding to the spaghetti.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, spaghetti recipe, chicken spaghetti, easy dinner recipes, easy recipes, kid approved recipes, easy chicken recipes