This cheesy garlic bread recipe is so easy to make – AND it’s perfect for appetizers or a side dish!
- 1 large (1 pound loaf) of Italian bread, sliced in half lengthwise
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 stick butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic, chopped fine or minced through a garlic press
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- marinara sauce for dipping (optional)
- Chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Make the butter mixture by adding the butter, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, garlic and parsley to a small bowl and mixing together.
- Split the bread open lengthwise and place each half, cut side up, on a baking sheet.
- Divide the butter between the halves, spreading the butter to cover the bread completely.
- Bake the bread in the oven for 10 minutes, then remove the bread from the oven.
- Top each half with the mozzarella cheese, then place back into the oven for 5-7 minutes until the cheese has completely melted.
- Garnish with chopped parsley (optional)
- Slice and serve with marinara sauce for dipping (optional)
Freezing the Garlic Bread:
- Make the recipe and let the bread cool completely. Put the halves back together then wrap in foil and put into a freezer bag.
- To reheat the bread from frozen, thaw the bread completely in the refrigerator. Place the bread into a 350 degrees preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until heated through. Open up the bread and serve as is or broil for an additional 2-3 minutes.
If you like a softer, less crispy garlic bread you can butter the bread then place the halves together and wrap with foil. Bake for 10 minutes, remove the bread from the oven and place the halves open on a baking sheet. Now add the cheese and return to the oven for another 5-7 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Category: Side Dish/Appetizer
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: garlic bread, garlic bread recipe, cheesy bread, garlic bread with cheese, how to make garlic bread, homemade garlic bread recipe,