This super tender sausage and peppers recipe is perfect for parties or just for a family dinner at home!
- 2 pounds Italian Sausage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or cooking spray
- 2 large red bell peppers, sliced
- 2 large green bell peppers, sliced
- 2 cups sliced onions
- For The Sauce:
- 1 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup marsala wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray, or add a tablespoon of olive oil to lightly coat the pan. Brown the sausages for a couple of minutes on each side until nicely browned.
- Transfer the Italian sausage to a slow cooker along with the sliced peppers and onions.
- Mix the ingredients for the sauce together in a small bowl, then pour over the sausage and peppers, tossing to combine.
- Set the crock pot on low for 4 hours.
- Serve the sausage and peppers on hot dog buns or sub rolls.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: slow cooker sausage and peppers, crock pot sausage and peppers, sausage and peppers recipe, easy dinner recipes