Slow Cooker Root Beer Chicken is so easy to make, and everyone loves it! Perfect for family dinners, parties and holidays!
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast (can also use chicken thighs)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 cup root beer
- 1 cup root beer barbecue sauce (if you can’t find root beer flavor, regular will work too)
- Spray the inside of a 6-8 quart slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Season the chicken breasts with the salt, pepper, garlic powder and dry mustard and place into the slow cooker.
- Whisk the root beer and barbecue sauce together in a bowl and then pour over the chicken breasts.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours or on high for 2-3 hours. Check to make sure the chicken is fork tender and then remove the chicken from the slow cooker. Shred chicken and then place back into slow cooker, mixing together with the sauce.
- Cook the chicken on high, uncovered, for 30-60 minutes to thicken the sauce and infuse the flavors of the sauce into the chicken.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, slow cooker chicken, bbq chicken, shredded chicken, root beer chicken, crock pot chicken recipe, easy chicken recipe, chicken breast recipe