This crock pot corned beef recipe is so tender and juicy, you won’t want to make corned beef any other way!
- 4–5 pound corned beef and pickling spices
- 2 pounds red potatoes, cut into fourths
- 1 head of white cabbage
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Add the corned beef to a crock pot and add the pickling spices included in the package to the top of the corned beef.
- Pour in the wine and chicken broth, then add water to come about halfway up the side of the corned beef. if you have a thinner cut of corned beef, you might not even need to add water. Just make sure you half liquid only halfway covering the meat of else it will boil instead of braise.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.
- After 4 hours, add the potatoes and cabbage to the slow cooker, tucking down into the liquid as much as possible.
- Cook for another 3-4 hours then remove the corned beef to a cutting board. Place the cabbage and potatoes into bowls, then slice the corned beef and serve.
- Category: dinner
- Method: slow cooker
- Cuisine: Irish
Keywords: corned beef and cabbage, corned beef recipe, slow cooker corned beef, crock pot corned beef, st. patricks day recipes