This creamy crab stuffed mushroom recipe is topped with the most delicious, buttery, homemade breadcrumbs!
For the Garlic Breadcrumb topping
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
For the Mushrooms
- 30 mushrooms, stems removed and cleaned
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt & black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup celery, diced fine
- 1/2 cup red pepper, diced fine
- 1/4 cup scallions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoons pepper
- 8 oz. crabmeat (claw meat)
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup of the garlic bread crumb topping
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Clean the mushrooms and carefully remove the stems, leaving the cap whole.
- Toss the mushrooms in a bowl with the 2 tablespoons of olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and then place the mushrooms caps on a baking sheet and set your oven to 425 degrees.
- Make the breadcrumb topping by melting 4 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet. Add the bread crumbs and toss with the butter until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic, lemon juice and the parsley and stir to combine. Remove the breadcrumb mixture from the skillet and transfer to a bowl to cool.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the same skillet. Add in the celery, scallions and red pepper and cook for 4-5 minuets.
- Next add the garlic, salt, pepper and crab meat, stirring to combine, then transfer the filling to a bowl to cool.
- Once the filling has cooled, add the mayonnaise, cream cheese and the parmesan cheese and fold gently to combine.
- Fill the mushroom caps with the crab filling and then generously top with the breadcrumb topping, pressing the topping slightly onto the filling so that it sticks.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the tops of the mushrooms are golden brown.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Stove Top / Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy appetizers, appetizer recipes, stuffed mushroom recipe, stuffed mushrooms, crab stuffed mushrooms, easy stuffed mushrooms