These Crispy Baked Steak Fries are the perfect side to just about any meal! Soft and fluffy on the inside with a crispy, seasoned crust!
- 2 pounds russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning (plus extra)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika (plus extra)
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Scrub the potatoes with a vegetable scrubber, leaving the skins on. Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise, then place the cut sides of the potato down on the board. Now cut each half in half again (lengthwise) and then cut each of those half in half until you have large wedges of potatoes. How many times that you need to cut each half will depend on how large the potatoes are. A small potato might only need to be cut in fourths instead of eighths.
- Add the potatoes to a large bowl along with the olive oil and seasonings. Toss to combine and then place onto a baking sheet that’s been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray in a single layer. You might need to use two baking sheets to ensure that the fries are in a single layer with room for browning.
- Add extra steak seasoning and paprika to the top layer of the fries and then bake for 20 minutes. Remove the sheet pan(s) from the oven and turn the the fries over to the other side. Cook for another 10-15 minutes until the fries are golden brown and crispy.
- Taste the fries for seasoning and add salt and pepper if desired. (See note*)
Some steak seasoning is more salty than others, ours is just right so we don’t need to add any salt, but we do like adding fresh black pepper.
You can also cook these fries on a parchment lined baking sheet instead of spraying the sheet pans with cooking spray. We do prefer making them right on the baking sheet for the ultimate crispiness!
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, steak fries, oven baked fries, potato recipes, low fat recipes, healthy recipes