This potato salad recipe will become a family favorite! Perfectly cooked potatoes tossed in a creamy, tangy dressing!
- 5 pounds Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3–4 teaspoons kosher salt (add a little at a time, it seems like a lot of salt but potatoes need a lot of flavor!)
- 1 cup diced celery
- 6 hard boiled eggs, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2–3 tablespoons pickle brine (optional but it gives the potato salad great flavor!)
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into large cubes, either in half or quarters depending on the size of the potato. You can reference the size of the pieces by looking at the picture above. You want the pieces to be all about the same size so they cook evenly.
- Add cold water to just cover the potatoes, add a good pinch of salt to the water and bring to a boil. Boil the potatoes for 10 minutes, then check with a fork to see if they are tender. If you cant easily push a fork through the potato give them another couple of minutes of boiling time. Make sure to not over cook the potatoes, you don’t want them so tender that they fall apart.
- Drain the potatoes and place back into the pot you cooked them. Add the vinegar and salt and let the potatoes sit in the pot while you make the dressing.
- Add the mayonnaise, milk, mustard and pepper to a bowl and whisk together.
- Now add the potatoes to a large bowl. Break the potatoes into smaller pieces with a knife, they don’t need to all be the same size, just into more bite sized pieces.
- Add the celery, eggs, chives and parsley to the potatoes then pour on the dressing.
- Toss the potatoes gently in the dressing until all the potatoes are coated. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour or up to overnight..
- Toss the potato salad once more right before serving and garnish with more chopped parsley.
You might want to add more salt and pepper to taste after the potato salad chills, do this according to your own taste!
This potato salad recipe can be easily halved for smaller crowds!
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: potato salad, potato salad recipe, side dish recipe, side dishes, potato recipe, bbq sides