This creamy crock pot chicken is so addicting, you won’t be able to stop eating it! Just a slight, mild heat from chipotle peppers makes this salsa chicken recipe stand out from the rest!
- 2 1/2 pounds chicken breasts or chicken tenderloins
- 15.5 ounce jar salsa
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- 2– 4 chipotle peppers with 1 -2 tablespoons of sauce from can *see note
- Add all the ingredients to a slow cooker. Set to high for 4 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and place into a large bowl or on a board. Shred the chicken with 2 forks and then return to the crock pot with the sauce. Stir the chicken into the sauce and serve.
Add 2 chipotle peppers and 1 tablespoon of the sauce if you want the chicken to be less spicy. Adding 4 peppers and 2 tablespoons of sauce isn’t going to be very hot, but it will have a little kick! We use 4, just FYI and we think it’s perfect.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chicken recipes, easy chicken recipes, slow cooker recipes, crock pot recipes, low carb recipes, low carb chicken recipes, salsa chicken