This hearty and comforting spaghetti casserole has all the flavors you love in a chicken Philly Cheesesteak!
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 2 (15 ounce) jars store bought alfredo sauce
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 cups diced peppers
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 chopped parsley
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Boil the spaghetti in a large pot of salted water according to the package directions. Drain the spaghetti, rinse with cold water and return to the pot that you cooked it in.
- Add both jars of alfredo sauce and the parmesan cheese to the spaghetti and toss to combine.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil to a large skillet. Add the chicken along with the salt, pepper, garlic powder and oregano and cook for about 5-7 minutes until no pink remains. Drain any drippings from the skillet and then add the chicken to the bowl with the pasta, tossing to combine.
- To the same skillet, add the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the onions, peppers and mushrooms and cook for 5-7 minutes until the onions and peppers are softened and the mushrooms are slightly browned. Let the vegetables cool slightly and then add to the bowl with the spaghetti and chicken. Once the filling has cooled slightly, add the beaten egg and toss to combine the ingredients.
- Pour the spaghetti into a 9″ x 13″ baking dish that’s been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Add the panko bread crumbs on top of the casserole and then cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove the foil, return to the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Let the casserole rest for 10 minutes before cutting, then garnish with parsley and serve.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven/Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: spaghetti casserole, casserole recipes, pasta recipes, philly cheesesteak, ground chicken recipes, comfort food meals, dinner ideas