This Chicken Parmesan Casserole uses a fun ingredient that I guarantee is already in your freezer. A comforting, super hearty pasta dish that feeds a crowd, making it perfect for holidays and parties.
- 22 ounce bag frozen chicken nuggets, baked per package instructions and cut into fourths
- 1 pound ziti or rigatoni
- (2) 24 ounce jars marinara sauce, divided
- 1 cup whole or part skim ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Boil the pasta 2 minutes shy of the cooking time, drain and pour back into the pot. While the pasta is cooking, bake the chicken nuggets according to the package directions. When the nuggets are done, cut into fourths or bite sized pieces and set aside.
- Add 1 jar of the marinara sauce to the pot with the pasta, along with the ricotta cheese and 1/2 cup of the parmesan cheese, fresh parsley, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix to combine and then pour 1/2 of the mixture into a 9″ x 13″ – 2 quart baking dish that’s been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place half of the chopped chicken nuggets on top of the pasta, followed by the remaining pasta mixture, spreading out into an even layer. Next add the remaining chicken nuggets to the top of the casserole, spreading into an even layer.
- Top the casserole with 2 cups of marinara sauce, the mozzarella cheese and the remaining 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the cheese is melted and the casserole is warmed through.
You’ll need 2 jars of marinara sauce for this recipe, with a little leftover for serving if desired.
Store: Let the casserole come cool down to room temperature and then cover with foil and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Reheat: Reheat leftover chicken parmesan casserole in the microwave until warm.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven / Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, casserole recipe, chicken parmesan, easy dinner ideas, game day food, recipes that feed a crowd, recipe hack, ingredients hack, comfort food, kid friendly recipe, pasta casserole