Chicken on the Grill is on our menu all summer long! This herby, sweet balsamic marinade works with turkey and pork too! Make sure to make a lot of chicken here, the leftovers are amazing!
- 2 pounds chicken (breasts, thighs, chicken legs)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Add all the ingredients for the marinade into a bowl and whisk together to combine.
- Add the chicken to a resealable bag or a dish. Pour the marinade into the bag (or dish) making sure the the chicken is completely covered in the marinade. Place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or up to overnight. The more time the chicken is in the marinade the better the flavor will be!
- Preheat the grill to a medium heat, about 375-400 degrees. Remove the chicken from the marinade, discarding the marinade, and place onto a plate. Once the grill is preheated, add the chicken and let cook for 4-5 minutes on each side until the temperature is about 150-155 degrees. If you try and turn the chicken and it’s sticking, give it a minute or two more for the chicken to release from the grill.
- Remove the chicken to a plate and cover with foil for 5-10 minutes. Serve the chicken breasts whole or slice and serve on a platter with the juices from the plate poured on top.
Leftover chicken will keep in the refrigerator for 3 days. This chicken can also be frozen for meal prepping at a later time!
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mantitlement, chicken on the grill, grilled chicken recipes, grilled chicken breasts, marinated chicken recipes, chicken marinade recipe, healthy recipes, low fat recipes