Tender chicken breasts simmered in an addicting lemon sauce with a splash of white wine! This is going to be your new go to chicken recipe!
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Garlic powder
- Kosher salt
- Fresh Black pepper
- Flour (for dusting the chicken)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon whole milk or heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Lemon slices
- Season the chicken breast generously, on both sides, with the garlic powder, salt and pepper. If your chicken breasts are very thick, slice them in half horizontally first.
- Add the flour to a shallow plate or bowl, then add the eggs to another bowl and beat them with the milk or cream.
- Dredge the chicken breasts in the flour, tapping off the excess and place on a plate. Once the chicken breasts have been coated in the flour, add 1 tablespoon of butter to a large skillet over medium heat.
- Dip the chicken into the egg mixture, letting the excess drip off and then place into the hot skillet. Repeat with the remaining chicken breasts.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown and then remove the chicken from the skillet to a plate and cover with foil.
- Carefully pour in the wine to deglaze the skillet and let reduce for 1 minute. Add the chicken stock, lemon juice and butter, stirring to combine. Bring the sauce to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes, then add the cornstarch mixture and whisk to combine with the sauce.
- Bring the sauce back to a simmer, add the chicken breasts back to the skillet and top with the fresh lemon slices.
- Simmer the chicken for 8-10 minutes over low heat, spooning the sauce over the chicken as it cooks. Cover to keep warm or serve immediately.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chicken francese recipe, chicken recipe, easy chicken recipe, dinner recipes, dinner ideas, low carb recipes