This Cheesy Taco Crostini can be served as appetizers or used as a dipper for taco soup! Serve with salsa, sour cream and guacamole for dipping!
- 1 french baguette, cut into 24, 1/2 inch thick pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil (or more as needed)
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- Kosher salt to taste
- 4.5 ounce can chopped green chilis
- 16 ounce can refried beans
- 1 1/2 cups Mexican blend cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Place the sliced bread onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and brush the tops with olive oil. Season the bread with the taco seasoning and a few pinches of salt.
- Bake for 10 minutes until the edges of the bread are browned and crispy. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
- Spread the refried beans onto the toast, you probably won’t use the whole can (we find that about 1 1/2 cups is good) but use as much or as little as you like. Top with the shredded cheese and a small spoonful of green chilis on each piece.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until the cheese is melted and then remove from the oven and serve immediately.
Reheating leftovers: Place on a baking sheet in a 400 degree oven for 5-7 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
Reheating from frozen: Place crostini on a baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the center is warm.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American / Tex-Mex