These Cheesy Crockpot Potatoes are the perfect side dish for BBQ’s, holidays and just every day dinners! So easy to make, just dump and go!
- 32 ounces frozen diced potatoes
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (10.5 ounce can) cream of chicken soup
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon black pepper depending on taste
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 cup sour cream or 6 ounces softened cream cheese
- Add all of the ingredients (using only 1 cup of the cheese) to a large bowl and stir together to combine. Spray the insert of a 4-6 quart slow cooker and add the potato mixture, spreading out in an even layer.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-7 hours. Stir the potatoes once during cooking if possible.
- During the last 30 minutes of cooking, add the remaining cup of cheese in an even layer to the top of the potatoes. Cover and let the cheese melt during the last 30 minutes of the cooking time.
- You can keep these potatoes on the “warm” setting on your crock pot if serving at a party or holiday.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: slow cooker recipes, crock pot recipes, potato recipes, side dish recipes, cheesy potatoes, potato casserole