This super delicious grilled pizza recipe has all the flavors of your favorite take out cheeseburger!
For The Special Sauce:
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon pickle juice
For The Seasoned Ground Beef:
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
For The Flatbread:
olive oil for brushing the grill
1 ball of fresh, store bought pizza dough
6–8 slices American cheese
1 cup pickles, finely chopped
1 cup tomatoes, finely chopped
1/2 head of iceburg lettuce, shredded
- Make the sauce for the flatbread by adding the mayonnaise, sweet chili sauce, mustard, salt, pepper and pickle juice to a small bowl and stir. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Next, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef and brown, breaking up into small pieces as it cooks. Drain any drippings from the skillet. Add in the garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper and cook until there is no pink left in the meat.
- Roll the pizza dough out on a cutting board until you get a thin, circular shape.
- Place the dough carefully on an oiled grill and let cook for 3-4 minutes on medium-high heat. Check the bottom of the dough after 4 minutes and see if it’s ready to flip. There should be brown grill marks and the dough should feel firm.
- Flip the dough over and let cook another 3-4 minutes, depending on how hot your grill is. Then add the American cheese to cover the pizza and the ground beef mixture. Turn the heat down to medium-low, close the grill and let cook 2 minutes minutes until the cheese is melted and the beef is hot. BE careful that your grill isn’t too hot at this step or the bottom of your pizza will burn.
- Slide the flatbread off to a cutting board and top with chopped pickles, tomatoes, lettuce and the special sauce. I added my sauce to a plastic bag, cut the tip and drizzled the sauce on.
- Cut the pizza into 8 pieces and serve.
Alternately, you can grill the pizza dough on both sides and remove from the grill. Heat your oven to 400 degrees, then place he grilled pizza dough on a baking sheet. Add the cheese and ground beef and cook for 10 minutes. The remove the pizza from the oven and top with the cold toppings.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: grilled pizza, flatbread, ground beef recipes, special sauce, dinner ideas, grilling recipes