This beefy, cheesy casserole is going to be a hit for dinner or at parties – need game day food? This is it!
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 28 ounce cans diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 12 slider buns, tops only
- Preheat the oven to 375˚.
- Add the oil to a large skillet and brown the onion for 3-4 minutes until softened. Next add the beef, breaking up as it browns until all the meat is cooked through and no longer pink. Drain any drippings from the pan.
- Add the tomato paste, working into the beef and onions, then add the salt, pepper, oregano, tomatoes, cream, broth and 1/2 cup of the cheese. Mix the filling together to combine and remove from the heat.
- Add the beef filling to a 1 quart 9″ x 13″ casserole dish. Cover the top of the filling with the remaining 2 cups of cheese and then the slider buns.
- Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes until the cheese is melted and the filling is warmed though.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: casserole recipe, cheeseburger casserole, beef, ground beef recipes, comfort food, game day food