These festive and fun jello shots can be customized for any occasion or holiday! Swap out the colors, swap out the booze, it’s all up to you!
- 2 (3 ounce) boxes Jell-O strawberry gelatin
- 2 (3 ounce) boxes Jell-O lime gelatin
- 2 packages (1 ounce each) unflavored gelatin
- 1 1/2 cups champagne or prosecco
- Silver edible sprinkles
- Add the strawberry jello packets into a bowl along with 1 1/2 cups of boiling water. Stir until the gelatin is dissolved then pour into an 8″ x 8″ 2 quart dish.
- Place the dish in the refrigerator and chill for 1 hour until the layer is set.
- Add the lime jello packets to a bowl along with 1 1/2 cups of boiling water. Stir until the gelatin is dissolved and carefully pour onto the strawberry jello layer.
- Return the dish to the refrigerator and chill for another hour.
- Add the champagne to a saucepan and sprinkle the unflavored gelatin packets on top. Let the gelatin bloom (it will puff up slightly) for 2-3 minutes then turn the heat onto medium.
- Whisk the gelatin into the champagne and bring to a simmer, not a boil. Let simmer gently for 5 minutes, then carefully pour onto the green layer of the jello.
- Let the jello chill for at least 2 hours until completely set, or overnight.
- Cut out the jello shots into desired shapes using a knife or a cookie cutter.
- Add sprinkles to the top if desired.
You can use a 9″ x 13″ baking dish also, the layers will just be thinner.
You can also substitute sugar free jello in this jello shot recipe!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: jello shots, jello shot recipe, champagne jello shots, boozy desserts, dessert with alcohol, christmas desserts, holiday desserts, how to make jello shots